Friday, August 31, 2012

Surprise Inspiration

Oh life can be so hard sometimes! I don't know what you do to restore your energy, but through especially tough times or long standing ones, I try to remember to reward myself, simply for enduring. For me a satisfying gift, aside from coffee, is a good art magazine to curl up with on the couch at the end of the day. It's not only relaxing, but it spurs my creativity.

While we were living in Arizona, I was going through one of those tough times, so I was on the look out for a good art magazine. Every time I was at a store, whether it be a grocery or a book store, I would look. I looked for weeks, if not months. Finally I ended up getting a craft magazine, thinking it might be close enough, but I was disappointed. I went back to looking, but never found anything.

Then we moved to New Mexico. I thought because New Mexico is known for their art, that there might be a better chance of getting a good art magazine. My hope was renewed. And while they did have actual art magazines (not craft ones), I would glance through and it seemed like the magazines consisted mostly of ads. Plus, the articles weren't speaking to me. They weren't about anything that I was interested in. I knew I didn't want to settle for just anything, so I just kept looking.

Keep in mind, I didn't share this with anyone. It was a personal hunt, but one day when I went to get the mail there was a package from out of state. And inside the box, the sweetest person ever had mailed me an ENTIRE box of art magazines. More than a month's supply, (if I read one a day, which I won't)! There was no way she could have known. What a blessing! 

So I now have a box of inspiration at my fingertips, and an empty couch...it may not be the end of the day, but it's been a long wait, so off I go.

What inspires you?  Are you seeking whatever that is?

No comments:

Post a Comment