Friday, August 3, 2012

All Work and No Painting

We are all moved into our new home. I'm not saying we're unpacked by any means. You should see the towers of boxes that I'm building a fort with in our dining room! 

I am so blessed to be able to have my own art studio set in the back of the house where no one sees my mess. At our last house, it would be seen as soon as you entered. It's funny, I'm a bit of a contradiction. I like my house and space tidy. It relaxes me. BUT - in my art room, it feels wrong to put things away when I'm working on a painting. And I rarely am not working on a painting. I want things left where I had them, so I can step right back in.

When things aren't tidy I feel less relaxed. But all work and no painting makes me a very dull girl. That being said, even though my home is far from tidy, I sat down this morning and put paint on canvas and it felt like a breath of fresh air. 

So my tip for this week is even if your house is in disarray or something else has been keeping you from creating, sometimes you need to just start. Find the time. Your attitude will be adjusted, so you can finish those other things with a smile on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment