Friday, July 27, 2012

Recharging Your Creative Batteries

I'm sitting in the lobby of a hotel typing this as I wait for the coffee to finish brewing. My entire house is packed into a truck and will be moved to my new home today. I find even though my life has been full of things to do to prepare for the move, my heart has continued to work without me. I find myself contemplating my paintings that used to sit on my easels and considering what part of the paintings I want to work on next. Even thinking about potential new paintings. My creativity is not dependent upon materials. And I know from past experience that I will be bursting to create when the house is finally unpacked and the family is settled.

If you are feeling a bit burnt out, might I suggest a break? An hour, a day, perhaps even a week? Your creativity will continue to work in the background of your mind as you go about experiencing life. You might even find that living life will inspire your latest creative expression. I'm thinking I may need to paint a fish swimming in a suitcase. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment