Friday, July 20, 2012

Get Moving

Right now, as I type this, my family and I are trying to find a new home. Moving is said to be one of the most stressful things a person can go through, right up there with death of a loved one. What's interesting to me is, some people love moving. It's all in the perspective. I can focus on not knowing the area, schools, people, where to lay my head, or I can look at the excitement of not knowing and enjoy the opportunity to discover.

If we stop being creative, usually something in our life replaced it. Life intervened. Those other things aren't always something we choose. The trick is to keep creating. No matter how small, we need to continue to exercise our creative passion. In my case, my art supplies will get packed and I will be without them for awhile, but there are always pens and napkins to be found. That simply is not an excuse. And yes, sometimes a sacrifice will have to be made, but it's worth it. Change can destroy creativity, if we let it, or it can ignite creativity. We don't have to move out of state to experience change. Sometimes just off the couch is all we need.

"I like to move it, move it" ~ King Julian (From the movie Madagascar)

No comments:

Post a Comment