Friday, June 1, 2012

Art Deprivation




It feels like forever since I have created, but in reality it's been more like 22 days, but hey who's counting? OK - so I am, but in my defense, life is more vibrant when I am creating. It's like oxygen. It sustains me, it soothes me, and the more of it I have, the more I feel alive.

Before I give you the wrong impression, It's not like I'm not creating at all. I'm doodling, sketching my kids while waiting for my turn when we play cards and who can forget the hundreds of drawings I've done using the Draw Something app. I LOVE that game! And I think without those outlets I would be struggling even more. 

For now those will suffice and get me from day to day, but it's not like a deep breath, more like a shallow one. I need to create something more meaningful to myself. The good news is I now have an inspiration, but I am waiting for my model to be done with school. I don't know if I will be able to achieve what I want or whether by the time they are ready if I will still be inspired, but it gives me hope that I am one step closer to breathing again.

Introspection prompted my inspiration. Generally I create from beauty, but life has been very hard lately. It hasn't felt or seemed very beautiful. Instead of trying to fight it, I aim to embrace it fully. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment