Friday, April 1, 2011

Facebook Face Week

What an odd day to share my work's progress - April Fools Day. A day when most people are looking for the next prank, so they won't fall for it. And those who don't, usually do. While I cannot promise any pranks in person, there are none here, so just relax and enjoy. ;)

I go through phases when I want to do faces and when I absolutely loathe them. This is one of those times that I am enjoying them. And like any phase, I don't know how long it will last, but am going to enjoy the ride.

I am fortunate to be on Facebook because it offers a wealth of opportunities to draw people's profile photos. And the random six that are shown on my Facebook page really help me narrow down who to choose. Well, that and when the brave say, 'Pick Me. Pick Me'. More about those later.

This week I was focusing less on realism and more on trying to capture their personality (at least how I see them). And I chose markers as my medium because of their vibrancy.

As for those brave souls, rest assured, I have started, just not finished. I hope to have those up next week.

I hope you have a great weekend and are spending your life doing what you love - I am!

Face Week Portraits:
[Monday]
"Oh the Joy of it All"

[Tuesday]
"The Beauty-Capturing Photographer"


[Wednesday]

"The Vulnerable Singer"
[Thursday]
"The Intense Artist"

[Friday]
"The Drummer"

No comments:

Post a Comment