Thursday, August 26, 2010

7 Days of Steve - Day 3

Here we are on day three already on my journey of painting my husband, Steve. It's the price you pay when you marry an artist. You become the study of many a sketch and/or painting. ;)

For those of you that don't know, my husband spent many years as a disc jockey of rock and roll stations. One of his favorite bands was(is) KISS. He can tell you all the original members, who sings what song, who replaced the drummer and how many guitarists they've gone through.

We caught a bit about the band the other night on television and it mentioned Paul Stanley's art. I liked what I saw and decided to do a painting of Steve using Paul Stanley's work as an inspiration.

I also could not resist the double meaning behind the title.

Enjoy ;)

"Kiss"
Acrylic
5X7

No comments:

Post a Comment